Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS login issue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tone70

Technical User
Dec 14, 2007
US
Hello, I have a user that can't login to CMS Supervisor. She gets the error message that says something to the effect of the login is currently in use. Upon further review, she told me that she wasn't able to logoff properly has her PC locked up on her. Is there a way to logoff her loginID so that she can login? Thanks In Advance.

If you have root access to the box, then you can try killing the process:

who -u to get a list of logged in users
kill xxxx where xxxx is the number after the date (4 digits on my system) of the username you're trying to boot

However, I know we can have multiple logons on an R12 setup - not sure if the stuck logon is the actual problem.

To check to see if the login is still actually logged in, login as root and perform the command:

who | grep [user login]

To force the user off the CMS system if they are still logged in, perform the following command:

kill `who -u | grep [username] | cut -b45-50`

the ` is the accent mark below the tilde ~ symbol next to the number 1 on your keyboard. IT IS NOT an apostrophe '.

- Stinney

Quoting only proves you know how to cut and paste.

As a 2nd thought, try deleting the cache.tmp file that CMS Supervisor uses - that could well have become corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back