Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbupstel

Technical User
Jan 30, 2008
US
several times when logging in to the CMS (root login) to perform the ADM backup, I have been given a message "not a valid user"...on two previous occassions, I was able to complete the backup, eventually. If someone can please advise if there is a solution for this issue. Thank you.

root is not a valid CMS user, so you can't do the maintenance backup with it. But you should be able to perform the ADM backup.

I appreciate your feedback, but the maintenace backup is not the issue.I am Getting that message when typing in the "CMS ADM" command. In the past was able to log in as the root user and had no issues using this command for the full backup. Please advise....

this seems odd, when you login as root you should be able to run 'cmsadm' without any issues. Try going 'su root' then password then 'cmsadm'.

I am Getting that message when typing in the "CMS ADM" command."

type in "cmsadm" (no space between)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back