Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS feed disruption caused by Trunk Measured "BOTH"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fezzerooney

Technical User
Nov 10, 2011
GB
Had an incident yesterday where changing a trunk measured field from "None" to "Both" - essentially disrupting CMS reporting.

Any ideas what/how it could have been caused? Never seen this before.

How was it disrupted ?

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

Interesting question! I had a similar issue this week. Are we talking about the same outage?

In my case, the change to the measurement took the number of measured trunks over the CMS Data Storage Allocation and brought the MIS link down. There is an InQuira Solutions posted SOLN307124

I think this is a bug! I have ticket open to Avaya to ask that.

The first change that breaches the DSA is successfully committed (and breaks the MIS link) and but subsequent changes are denied by ASA. I suspect that the logic is a bit broken - ASA / CMS checks that the limit is not breached without accounting for the number of the additional trunks

i.e.

CMS DSA set to 10,000 trunks
Number of ACM measured trunks = 9,800 (i.e. 200 available at CMS)

Request to add 210 trunks but between the check ASA and CMS asks "is there some capacity?" (yes) rather than "is there enough capacity for 210 more?" (no). Hence adding 210 first time is accepted but adding anything after that is denied.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back