Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS database Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2012
US
I am working on building a custom wallboard web interface with CMS 16.2 and Infromix ODBC driver. I have granted a user with dbaccess within CMS and able to pull queries but it seems like I can not pull real-time data tables. Hoping if someone can guide me in this situation.

Is it possible to pull real time tables from CMS dbaccess users
i got ERROR [42S02] [Informix .NET provider][Informix]The specified table (csplit) is not in the database.
I got that when trying to run a select from csplit

Today Makes Tomorrow

Also can anyone help with a script that can export real-time reports, I read that ODBC does not pull real-time data.

Today Makes Tomorrow

You need either real time sockets or search the forum for clint (should be in /cms/toolsbin)

So you saying to access this clint through the linux side of the server and not the Informix odbc driver i installed on my pc?

If so How do I get to it, I am not that savvy with linux?

Today Makes Tomorrow

In that case, frankly, I would advise against you doing it :)

You should consider purchasing the real-time sockets then, contact your Avaya rep. for that.

You can export real-time reports in a script from a running CMS instance. There is no real-time database to pull from using ODBC.

I run a script that we use for the wall boards in our center. Exports the data every 5 seconds into a CSV file. Our web development team created a web page that reads the file and puts it into a nice readable format. We created color changing charts and tables to warn agents of times that are approaching or are over unaccetable levels.

CMS is installed on a Windows server and I use the Windows Scheduler to run the report every morning using a batch file and stop the report from running every night. It's not pretty, but it works.

Create your report and then use the Export feature to create a script to export the table data. Save it as an auto script.

You have to put in a loop with a timer to keep the script refreshing.

Edit the script using notepad.

After the line:

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Add:

Wscript.Sleep 3000

After the line:

Set objDoc = objExplorer.Document

Add:

Wscript.Sleep 5000

After the line that exports the report:

b = Rep.ExportData("[Full path to report]\[report name].csv", 44, 1, True, True, True)

Add:

Rep.Quit

After the line:

Set Info = Nothing

Add:

Loop

Create a batch file using notepad, save the file with a .bat extension to launch your script with the line:

start "" "[Full path to your script]\[script name].acsauto"

Use Windows Scheduler to launch the report when you want it to run.

Create a batch file using notepad, save the file with a .bat extension to launch your script with the lines:

taskkill /F /IM ACScript.exe /T
taskkill /F /IM acsrep.exe /T
taskkill /F /IM acsSRV.exe /T
taskkill /F /IM acsapp.exe /T
taskkill /F /IM acscntrl.exe /T

Use Windows Scheduler to launch the report when you want it to stop.

- Stinney
"Scire ubi aliquid invenire possis, ea demum maxima pars eruditionis est"

"To know where to find anything is, after all, the greatest part of education"

Thank you so much for the help, i will check this out and let you guys know

Today Makes Tomorrow

is there a generic script you can send me with available agents calls in que, oldest call waiting, etc.. please
I learning as i go and never wrote a script for cms.

Today Makes Tomorrow

CMS creates the script from the report that you are running. Find a real-time report that has the data you want and then use the Export feature (from the report window menu item Export) to create a script to export the table data. Save it as an auto script and add what I described above using wordpad to edit the script.

- Stinney

Here is the script but i do not see none of the line you mention. When I run the script it does save the file, but i can not get the loop part to work. Can you please help out. The goal is to have a script pull this report then sql will import this saved file and then display on a signage screen in a custom view.

'LANGUAGE=ENU
'SERVERNAME=sl-CMS
Public Sub Main()

'## cvs_cmd_begin
'## ID = 2001
'## Description = "Report: Real-Time: CMS custom: Telegenix: Export Data"
'## Parameters.Add "Report: Real-Time: CMS custom: Telegenix: Export Data","_Desc"
'## Parameters.Add "Reports","_Catalog"
'## Parameters.Add "2","_Action"
'## Parameters.Add "1","_Quit"
'## Parameters.Add "Real-Time\CMS custom\Telegenix","_Report"
'## Parameters.Add "1","_ACD"
'## Parameters.Add "2400","_Top"
'## Parameters.Add "3540","_Left"
'## Parameters.Add "9510","_Width"
'## Parameters.Add "8325","_Height"
'## Parameters.Add "The report Real-Time\CMS custom\Telegenix was not found on ACD 1.","_ReportNotFound"
'## Parameters.Add "*","_BeginProperties"
'## Parameters.Add "256;150;151;152;153;154;155;156;157;158;159;160;460;459;458;457;456;455;454;453;452;451;450;463;464;171;173;170","Split(s)/Skill(s)"
'## Parameters.Add "*","_EndProperties"
'## Parameters.Add "*","_BeginViews"
'## Parameters.Add "*","_EndViews"
'## Parameters.Add "C:\Users\demo\AppData\Roaming\Avaya\CMS Supervisor R16\Profiles\demo\Scripts\test.acsup","_Output"
'## Parameters.Add "9","_FldSep"
'## Parameters.Add "0","_TextDelim"
'## Parameters.Add "False","_NullToZero"
'## Parameters.Add "False","_Labels"
'## Parameters.Add "True","_DurSecs"

On Error Resume Next

cvsSrv.Reports.ACD = 1
Set Info = cvsSrv.Reports.Reports("Real-Time\CMS custom\Telegenix")

If Info Is Nothing Then
If cvsSrv.Interactive Then
MsgBox "The report Real-Time\CMS custom\Telegenix was not found on ACD 1.", vbCritical Or vbOKOnly, "Avaya CMS Supervisor"
Else
Set Log = CreateObject("ACSERR.cvsLog")
Log.AutoLogWrite "The report Real-Time\CMS custom\Telegenix was not found on ACD 1."
Set Log = Nothing
End If
Else

b = cvsSrv.Reports.CreateReport(Info,Rep)
If b Then

Rep.Window.Top = 2400
Rep.Window.Left = 3540
Rep.Window.Width = 9510
Rep.Window.Height = 8325

Rep.SetProperty "Split(s)/Skill(s)","256;150;151;152;153;154;155;156;157;158;159;160;460;459;458;457;456;455;454;453;452;451;450;463;464;171;173;170"

b = Rep.ExportData("C:\Users\demo\AppData\Roaming\Avaya\CMS Supervisor R16\Profiles\demo\Scripts\tesst.acsup", 9, 0, False, False, True)

Rep.Quit

If Not cvsSrv.Interactive Then cvsSrv.ActiveTasks.Remove Rep.TaskID
Set Rep = Nothing
End If

End If
Set Info = Nothing
'## cvs_cmd_end

End Sub

Today Makes Tomorrow

Yeah, my bad, I knew I should have looked at that closer. I pulled a script that had a bunch of old stuff in it.

I'll take a look and see what I can do and post it.

- Stinney

Sorry, I might be making this harder for you than necessary. How did you originally plan to display the reports on your monitors?

- Stinney

My web team is going to make a custom web browers page. Im assuming they will use sql to pull the report and set it that way

Today Makes Tomorrow

Well I discovered an "issue" in my script. The WScript.Sleep doesn't work, so the report is blasting through at the speed of light and running the report as fast as it can. But it hasn't caused issues so I'm going to leave it.

I did find how to add a pause so here is what you will need to do first.

Open Wordpad or Notepad and enter:

WScript.Sleep(5000)

Save it as Sleep.vbs in the same directory that the cms script is going to be saved. The 5000 will pause for 5 seconds.

I noticed that you have this set as an interactive script. If you are going to want this to launch automatically, you can simply change the extension to .ascauto, it will still work. Then in the CMS application that is installed on the server/pc that will run this report, you'll need to enter the user name and password under Scripting in the Tool | Options menu. Then you can use the Windows Scheduler as I described above. One issue I ran into was when we changed all the logins to use SSH, it won't work automatically if you have to login with SSH, only telnet logins will work.

Here is your modified script:

'LANGUAGE=ENU
'SERVERNAME=sl-CMS
Public Sub Main()

'## cvs_cmd_begin
'## ID = 2001
'## Description = "Report: Real-Time: CMS custom: Telegenix: Export Data"
'## Parameters.Add "Report: Real-Time: CMS custom: Telegenix: Export Data","_Desc"
'## Parameters.Add "Reports","_Catalog"
'## Parameters.Add "2","_Action"
'## Parameters.Add "1","_Quit"
'## Parameters.Add "Real-Time\CMS custom\Telegenix","_Report"
'## Parameters.Add "1","_ACD"
'## Parameters.Add "2400","_Top"
'## Parameters.Add "3540","_Left"
'## Parameters.Add "9510","_Width"
'## Parameters.Add "8325","_Height"
'## Parameters.Add "The report Real-Time\CMS custom\Telegenix was not found on ACD 1.","_ReportNotFound"
'## Parameters.Add "*","_BeginProperties"
'## Parameters.Add "256;150;151;152;153;154;155;156;157;158;159;160;460;459;458;457;456;455;454;453;452;451;450;463;464;171;173;170","Split(s)/Skill(s)"
'## Parameters.Add "*","_EndProperties"
'## Parameters.Add "*","_BeginViews"
'## Parameters.Add "*","_EndViews"
'## Parameters.Add "C:\Users\demo\AppData\Roaming\Avaya\CMS Supervisor R16\Profiles\demo\Scripts\test.acsup","_Output"
'## Parameters.Add "9","_FldSep"
'## Parameters.Add "0","_TextDelim"
'## Parameters.Add "False","_NullToZero"
'## Parameters.Add "False","_Labels"
'## Parameters.Add "True","_DurSecs"

On Error Resume Next

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
theSleepFile = "C:\Users\demo\AppData\Roaming\Avaya\CMS Supervisor R16\Profiles\demo\Scripts\Sleep.vbs"
Do While count < 1
WshShell.Run "wscript.exe """ & theSleepFile & """", ,true

cvsSrv.Reports.ACD = 1
Set Info = cvsSrv.Reports.Reports("Real-Time\CMS custom\Telegenix")

If Info Is Nothing Then
If cvsSrv.Interactive Then
MsgBox "The report Real-Time\CMS custom\Telegenix was not found on ACD 1.", vbCritical Or vbOKOnly, "Avaya CMS Supervisor"
Else
Set Log = CreateObject("ACSERR.cvsLog")
Log.AutoLogWrite "The report Real-Time\CMS custom\Telegenix was not found on ACD 1."
Set Log = Nothing
End If
Else

b = cvsSrv.Reports.CreateReport(Info,Rep)
If b Then

Rep.Window.Top = 2400
Rep.Window.Left = 3540
Rep.Window.Width = 9510
Rep.Window.Height = 8325

Rep.SetProperty "Split(s)/Skill(s)","256;150;151;152;153;154;155;156;157;158;159;160;460;459;458;457;456;455;454;453;452;451;450;463;464;171;173;170"

b = Rep.ExportData("C:\Users\demo\AppData\Roaming\Avaya\CMS Supervisor R16\Profiles\demo\Scripts\tesst.acsup", 9, 0, False, False, True)

Rep.Quit

If Not cvsSrv.Interactive Then cvsSrv.ActiveTasks.Remove Rep.TaskID
Set Rep = Nothing
End If

End If
Set Info = Nothing
Loop

'## cvs_cmd_end

End Sub

- Stinney

OK great it is working refreshing every 5 seconds, but if I open up the file while the script is running i get an

Error 70

What does this mean? If I stop the script I can view it, but if the script is running as soon as I open the file the error comes and keep coming until I close the file or stop the script

Today Makes Tomorrow

I wouldn't think that you can open the file it creates while it's writing to it.

If your web developers are going to use the data in the file to create their web page, they should be able to just read the data from the file without opening the file. Our web developers used a Java script to pull the data from the file.

- Stinney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back