Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS connection to CLAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mplana2

Technical User
Mar 17, 2005
US
Hi, our CMS server (V9) is currently using an X.25 connection. All are configured properly (data module, commm. interface links etc.). Now we need to change the connection using a CLAN card. I already know on how to administer the CLAN card but can anyone help me know the procedures in disabling the first connection and how to meet the connection of CMS server to CLAN like doing a configuration on the CMS server.

Thanks in advance.

Before you can change the link you need to have Processor and System Maintenance Permissions (MSP) enabled on the switch. You also have to be confortable with the UNIX vi editor. The CMS file that needs to get changed is /etc/hosts. You have to define both the PBX C-LAN name and address and the router address. After that file has been changed you have to execute 'cmssvc' on the CMS. You have to turn off the CMS application first. Then execute 'cmssvc' again and select option for Switch Setup. Step through the options until you get the entry for the link. Use the PBX name that you defined in the /etc/hosts file and port 5001.

In the PBX you have to:
Add the name and IP address of the CMS in the node-name ip file.

Busy mis.

Busy the link used by the CMS.

Disable the Data Module associated with the Link.

Disable the Processor Channel using 'change comunications-interface processor-channel.

Change the processor channel assignment to:
enabled=y
appl=mis
mode=s
interface link=link assigned to C-LAN board
channel=5001
node=node name assigned to CMS
port=0
local session=1
remote session=1

Release mis

Kevin

Hi Kevin thanks for the reply. Just want to ask after doing this procedures

1. Insert new C-LAN into cabinet slot.
2. Put network amphenol adapter on same slot.
3. Run ‘cha node-n ip’
A. Type in C-LAN Network Name and IP
4. Run ‘add ip-in (board location, i.e. 01C12)
A. Enter the Node Name from the ‘cha node-names ip’ screen/C-LAN Name above.
B.Change Subnet address if necessary.
C. Enter Gateway address from above.
D. Do not Enable Ethernet Port yet.
E. Set Network Region to ‘1’ unless otherwise.
F. Change Ethernet Options to:
I. Auto ‘N’
II. Speed ‘100’
III. Duplex ‘Full’
5. Do a ‘disp com link’
A. Look for the next unused link and write it down. ______________
6. Run ‘add data next’ (or the data mod ext given to you)
A. Change Type to ‘ethernet’
B. Put in slot and port of C-LAN, i.e. 01A0517 (port 17 for C-LAN)
C. Put in link from above (‘disp com link’)
D. Under ‘Name’ put in Network name of C-LAN and add ‘Data Mod’
7. Plug in network cable.
8. Run ‘cha ip-in (board location)
A. Tab down to ‘Enable Ethernet Port’ and set to ‘Y’.
9. Run ‘sa t’ to save translations.
10. Run ‘status clan-port XXXXX17’
A. Check for Active Channel 1, Link Status, Service State, and Physical/MAC address.
11. Ping a remote IP.
A. Run ‘ping ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx board (new C-LAN board location).

After doing those procedures in the CLAN what shall I do next? Do I need to enter the IP address and name of the in the node names IP of the CMS Server? What is the purpose of adding its name and ip in the node-names ip? Or just the addresses of CLAN? Since our CMS having X.25 connection is working fine and we want to change the connection through CLAN, Is it okay if I use first another link like using link 2 (since we use link 1 in our first connection)wherein I will activate first the CLAN then after that I will disable the first connection using the first procedure you told me. I'm glad to hear again from you. Thanks in Advance.

Are you adding another C-LAN board just for the CMS? If not, the link number is the same as the one that you have on the existing C-LAN board. You have to add the name 'cms' and the IP address in the node-name ip form. The attached link will take you to the Avaya document that contains information on converting from X.25 to TCP/IP (Appendix A).

Kevin

Hi kevin thank you so much, I'll rely to the link you've given. btw. I'm not adding another CLAN. I will add a new CLAN since we don't have installed yet. In our setup on the connection of our CMS to the PBX we have a two data modules 1 is using PDM type and one dat module for processor interface. Our connection to PBX is a 4 wire digital port having 7400 DSU data module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back