Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Capacity Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

deck02

MIS
Nov 5, 2002
US
I have been asked to create an executive capacity summary for our CMS boxes. We are a large company with a large number of boxes nationwide. Currently the only measurement we use is processor idle time. I am not an expert on CMS or Unix, but I beleive there must be some better way to measure the capacity of these systems. Can anyone give me their opinion on what we should be looking out for? Is it number of logins, numbers of VDN's, or what? How can I tell when these boxes might run out of gas? How do you size a box for the initial install? Please remember this is for an executive summary report.

Thanks in advance for your time.

I believe there is some information that you can get by running cmsadm, and then select the option to display or view authorizations. I can't remeber the exact wording or menu option, but it's not hard to find. You may also run cmssvc and see if there is anything on one of those menus.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back