Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Calls Not Ringing On VPN Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtsoi

Technical User
Apr 28, 2015
US
So we have a few VPN phones setup and they work fine for all calls except for CMS calls.

When a call is coming in to a VPN phone, CMS reports it as ringing through but the phone never actually rings. If you pick it up, you just get a fast busy. Once the call hits RONA, the VPN phone goes back to normal.

Any ideas?

Can you do a "list trace ras ip-address/station" on this and post the results? This is something I've never seen before and I wonder if it has to do with actual agent+VPN phone issues, or more general connectivity to the devices. The VPN factor makes me always suspicious of h225/h323 fixups/ALGs.

So I tried doing what you suggested but the trace didn't return anything.

I then tried a regular list trace station xxxx and also got no data except when the call was supposed to be coming through and I picked up and got a fast busy and the trace reported this:

Capture_CMS_tgp2os.png

I am not sure, but I’d check the network-regions. Could be a bandwith issue caused by some limitation.

Freelance Certified Avaya Aura Engineer

Turns out it was because CMS doesn't like ringing to bridged extns so the solution is to log into the call center on a Call Appearance, instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back