Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallas1

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
US
Does anyone know how to set the CMS/Sun box to backup to a network drive vs changing out daily tapes? Also, is there a way to do a full CMSADM backup to a network drive, and possibly schedule it so it isn't a manual process?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you!

I think the ADM backup can only be done manually as it puts the system in single user mode

I think to allow LAN Backups you require additional software which is chargeable and possibly not provided or supported by Avaya

Look at document 07-600953 LAN Backup User guide for more info

I think ADM Backups changed with release 11 and doesn't put the system into single user mode. We're on r12 and when we do the ADM backup, it only prevents users from logging in and allows anyone already logged in to keep using the system.

Avaya does sell IBM/Tivoli Storage Manager software for backing up the CMS to a LAN.

Also, check out this thread: thread690-1149643

- Stinney

Favorite all too common vendor responses: "We've never seen this issue before." AND "No one's ever wanted to use it like that before.

We have EMC Storage and tivoli backup software for SAN based backup system. My question is that can we use EMC as my SAN based backup system for AVAYA CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back