Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS and Port grouping

Status
Not open for further replies.

horp

Technical User
Nov 8, 2001
GB
I am trying to access the Cluster Management Suite (CMS) on a 2900 series switch.
I have installed all relevant plug-ins and have configured my browser accordingly.
When i open up the home page and clicked on "cluster management suite" I get the usuall splash screen saying that javascript and java is enabled. However, the password box keeps appearing and no matter how many times i enter the correct password and username the box still keeps asking me for the username and password. I have checked the username and password and it is correct.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Make sure your username and password has level 15 access. You can specify that when you set up users in the switch.

Also, all you really need to do is put the enable password into the password part and leave the username blank and that will work too.

It will still ask you for a password twice. It is a bug in the software. It asks you once to access the html directory, and then the java applet will ask you for it as well. Perhaps that has been fixed with the lastest release. I am not sure.

Let me know if the enable password thing works.
shnypr-small.gif

Thanks Shnypr for the reply.
I have used the enable password command for level 15 access but it still keeps asking me to type in the password.
Once the Java Applet loads up and requests the password the first time it actually loads up the relevant information. i.e. Switch information, menu bar (cluster, system, device etc...) but thereafter it keeps asking fro the password.

Thanks

That seems very odd. I would reload the IOS and html software in the switch. Sounds to me like it isnt acting like it is supposed to.
shnypr-small.gif

Another problem i'm having (don't know if it's related) is, I have teamed two network cards together on a compaq server and have set them for Cisco load balancing. However, when i group the ports on the switch it causes our proxy server to become inaccessible to certain users...this is how i did it:

conf t
int fa0/6
port group 1
int fa0/8
port group 1
end
wri mem

any ideas?
Thanks

I had a similar problem and was able to resolve it by using version 1.3.0-C of the Cisco Java plug-in. I had initially installed 1.3.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back