Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS AGENT TRACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

nixter80

Technical User
Dec 14, 2003
AU
Hi,

Firstly, I am guessing the way the CMS works with an agent trace is that when u place an agent on trace, the cms firstly instructs the PABX to start sending trace data for that agent to the CMS and then the cms writes the agent to the aar_agents table so it has a refrence as to what is traced. Removing an agent is the reverse of the above procedure.

I have two problems I am trying to solve.

Firstly, the agents in the aar_agents table on the cms do not match which agents the PABX is sending trace data for. Is there any way to syncronize who the PABX is actully tracing with what the CMS thinks it is tracing.

Secondly, is their any way to trace more than 400 agents at a time.

Thanks

400 agents is the limit in CMS. I'm more interested in why you are tracing 400 agents, and want to trace more agents. Curiosity...

You're almost right however the Definity does not know what agents are being traced on the CMS rather the CMS just extracts the requested agent trace data from the Definity data stream, therefore there is nothing to sync.

If you are running anything else other than a E3500 or V880 I would not run more than 100 agent traces due to the impact to the system performance. A few CMS release ago the maximum number of agent traces was limited 250

ReallyRotten - we have two call centres with a total of 800 staff betweent them, but only a max of 450 working at a time. We have a large problem with staff comming in and loging on, and then not going on auto in for 15 to 20 mins. We want to trace them all so we can analize the trace data to se when they first go on auto-un and last off auto-in in their shift.

multibus2 - if this is so, should we not be able to just write agents into the aar_agents table to have them traced.

If we write agents into this table (direct database) they are not traced, and likewise, if we delete them they are still traced. Im very confused.

We have a v9 system on a sun ultra 5.

Thanks

The aar_agents is a where the CMS keep track of which agents are being traced however this is populated via the aar process if you just add and delete records out of the aar_agents the aar process will ignore these additions and continue to process what it knows about. The aar process will read the contents of the aar_agents file when it or the CMS application is restarted. However when it reads the aar_agents table should there be more than 400 records the aar process will fail to start and you will get the lovely message "More than 400 records being traced"

Another point if Definity traced the agents it not would let you trace an agent if it does not exsist on the Definity however you can activate a trace on the CMS for a range of agents regardless of the exsistence or not on the Definity

multibus2 - Thanks heaps for that. Makes much more sence now. Can you think about any way round the 400 trace limit?

Could we write an application to use a tsapi stream to trace them mabayee?

THanks

On the CMS this limit is fixed in stone however you could use CTI to trace the agents however I'm not sure how much data you would get as CTI was not really intended for this and the data collected could not be easliy collected and stored on the CMS.
You could use the CMS High Availablity solution, two CMSs connected to one Definity and Trace 400 agents on CMS and 400 agents on the other however if use the HA auto-sync you will have to stop it from syncing the aar_agents table otherwise you will end up in a real mess. Also using HA like this will not be supported by Avaya and is untested also it is an expensive solution

Seen this before in form of "pay by the switch" requests.

Agent Traces is not the answer if they are looking for a permanent solution. Time keeping should be done by the CTI application, not the switch.

The switch is not a timeclock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back