Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Agent Trace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanning

Technical User
Aug 6, 2003
Hello,

We have a CMS R15, 100 Agent call center and can only get 2 days worth of agent trace reports.

Can this be increased so we can historically run an agent trace report on any of the 100 agents going back two months.

Many Thanks

Maybe. It all depends on the frequency that your agents change states. Which should be determined by your call volumes and agent staffing.

From Supervisor, select Tools\System Setup\Data Storage Allocation\. There is an entry for the number of agent trace records. This can be 0-500000. Based on what you are experiencing, you need to specify about 30 times the number of records currently being saved to get you to two months worth of data.

If you are unable to store all the records you want, there is no reason you can't extract the trace records and save the data yourself to a export data set before the data is lost/overwritten. Processing large number of records may be problematic.

I have years of agent trace data stored. But then I have a small agent pool and programming skills to process the data.

Keeping the agent state information is/was a key component of the Avaya IQ approach.

Hi thanks for the information , i have just been advised by a CMS trainer that the Agent Trace was designed for 5 or 6 agents and thats why its not activated by default.

It looks like we need an alternative solution, since the Data Allocation table is already set to 500,000.

This would not normally be an issue for us the problem we have is that we can't see what the agents are doing when in Aux mode.

Agent trace may have been designed for 5 or 6 agents but that was when it was running on a Westinghouse 3Bx desktop. There has been considerable progress since then in computing power, random access memory and data storage capability.

Old "rule of thumb" things drive me crazy. Avaya still limits the number of total agents you can trace at any one time yet they sell IQ which records all events for everybody all the time.

500,000 records every two days for 100 agents seem like a lot. I would guess that you have a large number of skills/splits and that your agents transfer a large number of their calls. Every time an agent calls out while on an acd call, a 220 (other) record is cut for each skill assigned to the agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back