Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS - Agent Trace shows ACD calls at :00

Status
Not open for further replies.

FicBen

Technical User
Nov 19, 2004
US
I received complaints of callers to our ACD group being disconnected after selecting an option while in the vector. I performed a trace on the vector and verified that the call was being queued properly to the agent. I reviewed the agent's trace and noticed there were several entries in this sequence:

Ring :02
ACD :00 Rls y
Avail :30

There were 32 of these type of entries for one day. I did a comparison to other agents and although they had these same type of entries, the count was less than 7 if not 0 for the same day.

Our agents are using the 4620 phones on CM 3.1.2 platform. We have EAS enabled and using CMS 12. The agents are using Plantronics H51N headsets with the proper HIC/HIP adapters.

Is this person hanging up on callers? Or perhaps there's a system issue? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I vote for the agent hanging up on the callers. We had a similar situation where an agent wanted credit for the call but didn't want to deal with the customer. In our case the agent would release the call while saying our standard greeting. We have total recording so we could actually verify this was happening.

Take away the agent's release button. Make them wait for the caller to disconnect.

Make that two votes.

Try running the CMS Agent Group Summary report. Their ACD Time is probably much lower than everyone else's.

If you have IP softphone, you can log in to their phone in Avaya Digital Telephone (via the server) mode and see what they are doing. If you use that with Service Observe, its almost like standing behind them.

The answer is right in the trace:

Rls y

Defined in CMS as:

The agent released the ACD call. This is always true for ACD calls the agent transferred or conferenced.

Database Item, Calculation, or Calculation Name
AGT_RELEASED

- Stinney

Favorite all too common vendor responses: "We've never seen this issue before." AND "No one's ever wanted to use it like that before.

Your agent is flushing his/her ACD calls. A discussion with the department supervisor and HR is in the future.

Susan
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." - Oscar Wilde, An Ideal husband, 1893

always fun this is, I had this at my former empoyer when i started, 3 of what tey considered as their best agents did this, what was also fun was that the agents transfered calls back in to the queue......

This is how you justify investing in CMS!!!

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Thanks everyone! The agent was not using his headset button properly. I instructed him to always press the headset button after every call. He would sometimes let the caller disconnect and got in the habit of pressing the headset button twice to answer the call, hanging up on the caller.

Case closed :)

Please keep this in mind as it was just discovered here (always thought Agent Traces showed just what the Agent was doing on thier phone):

If an internal caller dials the VDN/HGE for a skill and that caller disconnects the call after the Rep answers, in a trace report on that Rep the Release column will be flagged as a "Y", even though the Rep DID NOT RELEASE the call.

I believe that column in a trace is a global column where the PBX can only distinguish if the release was enacted on the PBX side (not who did it) or energy was lost on the caller end meaning the calling party disconnected the call.

RVelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back