Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMOS Checksum Error, new battery doesn't help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbybrady456

Technical User
Oct 26, 2013
US
I have a CMOS checksum error on my desktop computer. I've tried the following but computer still won't get past first screen

Inserted new battery
cleared cmos by pulling jumper block off of prongs then putting it back on prongs, there are only two prongs, not three
blew dust out of computer
tried a ps/2 keyboard
unplugged all hard drives and cd/dvd drives

Any help much appreciated

Also want to mention that computer says to push F1 but keyboard won't respond, tried a usb and a ps/2 keyboard. I'm running windows xp. Thanks.

Tried new power supply did not work. This is a computer that was built for me, it's Windows XP, The motherboard is a Gigabyte 8I845PE-R2

It started working for some reason, I have six usb ports and I tried the keyboard in all of them and was finally able to get F1 to work. I am no longer getting the cmos checksum error. Still confused about what happened. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

ummm, solar flare? jk no idea, might be because it's winter, and got a shot of static.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back