Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMOS Battery Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

FXP

Programmer
Sep 17, 2004
US
Well that time has come and I have to replace the CMOS backup battery on my IBM Laptop R30. I was looking around for a utility that would printout or save my settings in case I screw up the battery change. The few apps that are out there are old and not sure if they will work with my XP and my other Windows 7 OS. Does anyone have any good luck with a utility to print and/or save CMOS settings? Also, any tips I should keep in mind when I make the change. All comments welcome, thanks for your help.[smile]

I've never used any utilities for backing up laptop CMOS settings. Generally speaking, laptop BIOSs are pretty simple and straightforward compared to desktop machines. Using the default settings which is what you'll get once you pulled the old battery, has never caused me any problems. Basically all I've had to do is set date and time. However, if someone has tweaked certain settings, then you'd be wise to make a note of them...

ROGER - G0AOZ.

In the past I've just written down the settings, guess I'll do it again. Thanks.

Excellent idea, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back