Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CME SRST

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonedude2

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2009
US
We are in the process of implementing CME with SRST and unity express at one of our remote sites. I know that we can configure the site for outbound dialing, but how could I configure inbound dialing. All phones register to our main subscriber, and we will have a PRI at the remote site. I was told that I could only implement a menu on the Unity express to do this. Any ideas?

You can get as elaborate as you want with CME as it is a PBX itself even in SRST mode. with proper configuration you can make the DID's terminate to the same DNs in SRST mode as when everything is registered to call manager.

Here is the scenario:
1.) we have a centralized Cluster with remote sites that have CME and CUE.
2.) user dial (6)XXX-XXXX on-net and (9)XXX-XXX-XXXX for off-net
3.) If a user dials (9)XXX-XXX-XXXX of a user on net I want to block them and force them to dial the correct dialing pattern.
4.) When the WAN goes down and the phone becomes un-registered I need to automatically route the call out the PSTN (SIP Trunks) to terminate at the remote site.

I was told that SRST is available for in-bound and outbound, How would this be accomplished?
1.) Could this be done at the main CUCM configuring the unregistered forwarding?
2.) How could I prevent the carrier from sending the call back to our inbound trunks?
3.) Would I need a new DID block at the remote location?

without knowing specifics on you voice design or your network here's some generic answers:

1.) we have a centralized Cluster with remote sites that have CME and CUE.

2.) user dial (6)XXX-XXXX on-net and (9)XXX-XXX-XXXX for off-net

3.) If a user dials (9)XXX-XXX-XXXX of a user on net I want to block them and force them to dial the correct dialing pattern.
Done with translation patterns, partitions and css configuration
4.) When the WAN goes down and the phone becomes un-registered I need to automatically route the call out the PSTN (SIP Trunks) to terminate at the remote site.
see AAR

I was told that SRST is available for in-bound and outbound, How would this be accomplished?
withing the CME/SRST router configuration
1.) Could this be done at the main CUCM configuring the unregistered forwarding?
Yes
2.) How could I prevent the carrier from sending the call back to our inbound trunks?
?? Where would you want the call to go then?
3.) Would I need a new DID block at the remote location?
I dont understand that question

Your DID's would have to terminate at the SRST site or you would have no path for incoming calls that come into the centralized system, to get to the remote SRST site when your connection goes down. If you have a T-1 / PRI at the SRST site already, why not use it for DID's in normal mode?

That has been the debate, I believe that if I send out the call to the remote site on my outbound SIP trunks, and notify the carrier that when these number (with ANI) are seen on outbound from my location to route the call (Base on the DID range that I supply) to the remote location. The CME should see this as an inbound DID call or with a dial peer configured and route to the station.

Isnt that what you want? An inbound call to route to a DN? SRST or non SRST? Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back