Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CME B-ACD queue call pick up - how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darveesh

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2005
US
Have CME 7.0 running the basic ACD feature. Have a sequential hunt group that gets called when users press option 2 in the auto attendant. Everything works as expected. When users press 2 the first phone in the hunt group starts ringing while ALL phones in the group have their red light flash and get a message saying "1 call in queue". Now here is the dilemma: How can I have one of the hunt members pick up the call in the queue out of turn? I.e. when the member #4 sees there is a call in the queue I'd like her to be able to get the call, as opposed to wait for the hunt to get to her and ring her phone. Thanks.

change the hunt group from sequential to broadcast.

We prefer the sequential method, as some of the hunt members are too be less bothered (on average). Those folks are set at the back of the hunt list... however, our business logic is that it'd be benficial to have the ability to pick out calls from the queue by those members in the back of the list, in case they know for instance that the person at the head is on vacation today... That way the callee doesn't hear a bunch of rings/delay until the phone gets picked up...

I mean what's the point of flashing the other phones and showing the call count in the queue if the memeber can't get to it until their phone actually rings??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back