Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMBE5000 / CUCM and Unity 8.6.2 licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrothwell

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2010
US
I currently have a licensed CMBE5000 8.6.2 running in a lab environment on Cisco MCS hardware. I'd like to migrate this to a VM. I understand that once I install CMBE5000 on VMware, it detects it's a VM and creates a license MAC. I have used a specific method to modify the license mac to the same MAC as the MCS which matched the license. I thought this would work, but now I'm getting an error about the license being locked to hardware. I researched this and apparently, the license knows it's a MCS license and since the hardware is detected as VMware, it will not apply even though the license MAC matches now. Is there any way around this or is there a way to modify it so it 'thinks' it's installed on MCS hardware or doesn't detect that it's a VMware install?

Thanks,
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back