Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM7 on AVP Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

racebikeboy

Vendor
Jan 11, 2007
GB

Hello

I am building 2 avp servers

using SDM

server 1
Util Server - Full
CM1 A

Server 2
Util Services port only
System manager

When I log on to System Manager via the ESxi console I get smgr post installation configuration is in-progress

and I cant browse to the System manager on the web browser

in the Esxi ports I have 1 - Services and 2 - Public

Any one got any ideas what smgr post installation configuration is in-progress , I have googled it but get one tech sheet which isn't any good

Well, once you give SMGR an IP and FQDN, it sets up its whole security domain and certificates and stuff - so that's a big part of it.

I've had issues installing on straight vmware in my lab when it doesn't have exactly as much processors and vcpus and ram as required.

The System Manager post-installation does seem to run for quite a while, maybe even an hour but I wonder if it is stuck somehow. The other things to look at would be to verify that all the IP addresses/netmask/gateway etc. are all ok and match up with what was set up on AVP. Also did you by chance select to use Out Of Band Management when you configured AVP on Server 2? If so then the SMGR UI should be on that IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back