Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM7 IP Address Changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glimma

Technical User
Jul 10, 2007
GB
Hi All,

I've got to re-IP a CM7 site in the future and was wondering if anybody has had to do this and can share any gotcha's?

I've been told the site is an LSP site, so worst case I can just re-install AVP/US/CM and use the new IP addresses, but I'm hoping to save time and change them.

I'm thinking that for the CM I change the IP Addresses details within the SMI of the CM.

Then using the following scripts (depending on US Version) in US to change the US IP Addresses:

/opt/avaya/common_services/VMware_conf.sh
or
/opt/avaya/common_services/Initial_conf.sh

Then finally change the AVP Host IP address via the SDM client.

So firstly are the steps for CM/US/AVP the correct way to change the IP address?

If they are correct, is the order I'm doing them correct? Or should I be doing the AVP first followed by US and then CM last?

Anything else I need to watch for?

Thanks

Glimma.

Are you doing it on site just for 1 LSP and gateway at a branch off a bigger solution?

Can you afford downtime?

For your own sanity, I'd reinstall everything, restore a security backup on CM for certs/user accounts. It'll get the XLN when it registers and the OS level backup contains the IPs which you don't want anyway.

The survivable processor form on the main CM has to be updated.
The Utility Server needs to be able to security enroll to SMGR - and you won't need to necessarily do that as part of the job, but it should be able to do that. So, making sure DNS and/or the SMGR hosts file is updated with the new US IP is important and that there's a valid enrollment password in SMGR.

I'd say do the gateway on it's own. Then you just have a loss of redundancy, and reinstall the server from scratch. Get approval, steal their 8300 and build it at home?

Hi kyle555,

Yes, I'll be onsite for this, so using the Services Port.

In my mind I had the plan to be, re-IP the GW and get it registered back to the Core CM, then blow away AVP/US/CM and rebuild. I've done this recently with another customer who was upgrading to CM 8.

Unfortunately the site needing the IP's changing is about a 4 hour drive for me, so I'm not going to have the ability to steal the LSP and rebuild at home, so I'll have to do it all onsite on the day.

Glimma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back