Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM6 LSP not getting translations

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
Several remote branch G430's / G450's with 5.2. We purchased a spare s8300d to be staged offsite with CM6 and then on the night of cutover just swap the s8300's. The 5.2 s8300 would then be shipped to be staged for the next site..etc..

My last 3 cutovers using this method has resulted in the s8300 coming right up.. registering successfully to the core and when you go to do the 'save trans all' from the core the new s8300 doesn't update with translations. It was working fine on the 5.2 blade, but not on this new one. The file sync addresses are accurate, no internal traffic is filtered in our MPLS network and the clocks are sync'd using the same NTP server. A rollback was necessary by just re-inserting the 5.2 s8300. Everything came right up and translations updated with no issue. The CM6 blade was taken offsite and re-formatted again.. the next cutover worked without issue. This same exact scenario has happened 3 straight times and the staging has been done by 3 different techs. Has anyone ever seen this and if you know of any things to be aware of when staging offline please share? This is strictly isolated to the s8300 running CM6 on that particular site... I'm assuming it's something in the config of the CM template and not so much System Platform.. but that's just an assumption.

We had a similar issue here. It turned out to be a routing issue.
I would look a arp mac address. May clear dns.

routing issue within the network (routers/switch) or routing on the actual gateway/s8300? Keep in mind this works with zero issue on the 5.2 server blade.

We had an issue on a recent installation that involved incorrect entries on the Server Role tab for System ID and Module ID. When these were incorrect our translations would not update either. On our config the System ID is the same across all LSP's and the Module ID's for each LSP are set to match the "Record Number" when you do List Survivable in CM.

The IP's are all correct on that server role tab.. For the system ID I have my core site number in there and MOD ID is what you mentioned about the sites record number.. which basically looks like the network region it's assigned to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back