Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM5.x shows current translations,but running on different translations

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVelle

Technical User
Feb 27, 2004
US
Any possible scenarios or experiences would be great, trying to reach Avaya now as well:

Scenario:
Users are taking 800 calls as normal, but there is no CMS data pushing through, and BCMS data shows all zeros as well.

Logged into the PBX and can see all Trunks look to be down, both G450s are unregistered (only two on this PBX) to the 8500, There are Agents taking live 800 calls to thier phones, but when you status them and Agent IDs, they show unavailable or unstaffed. Traces show you nothing either.

Im thinking that we are seeing in the PBX one set of Translations, but the system is running off another set of older translations (this is only a single processor from what I was told (Im no longer telecom, so I have limited view only access into the PBX, now on the business side playing liason between the IT and Business world for projects/troubles), so dual processor idea of us running on one processor that has an older set of translations and being logged into another prosesser with current translations is not valid (though Im waiting on a second set of telecom eyes to reconfirm no dual processor)).

There were two station changes made last week, name wise that appear normal when dialed in looking at the stations, but when you dial them they show as "Open" on the dialed phone.... which initially lead me to the translations scenario.

Any thoughts/ideas/experiences welcome.

Thanks (and I will post the resolve no matter once I have it...)

RVelle

Clarification:
Original "
There were two station changes made last week, name wise that appear normal when dialed in looking at the stations, but when you dial them they show as "Open" on the dialed phone.... which initially lead me to the translations scenario.

Clarified:
There were two station changes made last week, name/LABEL wise that appear normal when LOGGED IN in looking at the stations, but when you DIAL THEM DIRECTLY FROM ANOTHER PHONE they show as "Open" on the dialed phone.... which initially lead me to the translations scenario."

Sounds like an LSP/ESS site is Survivable mode... This would explain why nothing is in-service and why the 'trace' isnt' bringing up anything either.

Have the telecom guys looks at 'list survivable'.

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

98C - Thanks a million........ You were spot on.

The 8500 lost connectivity to the G450s over that weekend and went into survivable mode.

RVelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back