Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM Station Licencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulfo666

Technical User
Jan 1, 2007
GB
We are new to the CM platform and need a little info about licencing.

When using a cover answer group, I need to setup a number that uses the cover path to that group. This though then uses up a station licence even though there is no station.

Am I doing this correctly, or is there some form of Phantom station (like the Nortel Phantoms) I can use ?

If you set the station type as virtual then it won't use a station RTU...

Chris

Thanks. That worked.

Next one. Is there a similar I can use for having multiple phones (upto about 50) all sharing a single number. Similar to the Nortel MCR. Using the Brid

At the moment we are using bridge call appearence, which is not ideal.

Coverage Answer Groups are good, but only allows for 8 phones.

You can add the stations to a hunt-group

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

Cheers AvyaTier3.

I am on CM6. Create the hunt group and see that there are multiple types.

What I need is one that rings ALL members of the group at the same time.

Nothing in CM will do that for that many members.
Command: add group-page x

You can dial a number that pages up to 127 stations over the speakerphone. But, you cannot transfer calls to them.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

OK. Thanks.

Not that I see the Logic there. Only allow 8 phones to ring at once, but we will let you talk out of 127 speakers at the same time. :)

It's called group paging. Normally limited to 32 stations.
Saves buying paging equipment and mounting speakers everywhere.

You can send calls to these:
cover answer groups
Command: add coverage answer-group
terminating extensions groups
Command: add term-ext-group

bsh

what is the issue with bridged appearances? There are several settings you may need to check

Andy Backs
Dell Services

abacks Nothing wrong with bridged appearances, except we have no user that has the bridged number as their personal call appearence. Therefore we waste a licence for each unique bridge appearence that we need. Also you can only receive calls on the number of call appearences of that number.

Movcing from a Nortel environment where you can have a mutli call DN on up to 30 phones each of those phones will ring and each of the 30 can have a unique live call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back