Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM 3.1 Audio lost on calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbordeaux

Technical User
May 14, 2004
GB
Hi all, I am posting this here as neither our maintenance supplier or I can find an answer to a problem we have. We have an ACD environment and users/agents reports that suddenly they cannot hear the client anymore although the call is still active. We believe that the customer cannot hear the agent neither. We checked for errors, ds1 errors, traces with our pri provider but nothing appears. The phones are digital ones (no ip so it is not a case of packets blocked/loss).

Any idea or similar experience to point me on where to look it would be great.

Regards
Richard

Similar although not exact. We're an IP phone-based site and our problem was the dialler placing dead-air calls to the Ageent. We eventually worked out if the dialler connected to a fax or modem and placed the call through to the agent, it was changing the phone to "data" mode (for want of a better phrase) and removing the voice.

Placing the call on Hold and retrieving restablished the voice path. There is a setting on the IP-Codec form for turning on/off passthrough mode.

As I said, not exactly the same but might be worth placing the call on hold and retrieving to see if the caller can then be heard again.

Please check your Centronic 50 pin male connections that plug in on the back of the G650/MCC/SCC carriers. If it is not the original Avaya cables they might be soldered in stead of crimped. We once had this issue and it caused a lot of problems. It is usually cased by using locally manufactered cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back