Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clustering 64 bit 2003 enterprise server

Status
Not open for further replies.

komando

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2006
US
Hello friends,

I am new to clustering. I am planning to cluster two 64 bit server 2003 enterprise edition machines running on exact same hardware platform. After clustering I want to install exchange 2007 on this cluster. I have a couple of questions that I need advice on. These might be really stupid questions for all you experts but I want to have as much information as I can before I start on this. My questions are:

1. If I want this cluster to be a domain controller as well, should I install active directory on the servers as a cluster or should I first run dc promo on both servers and then cluster them? Is it advisable to have a separate domain controller all together?

2. Should I install exchange 2007 on both the machines separately using exact configuration or should I first cluster them and then install exchange 2007?

If you can even point me to some articles or KBs I shall appreciate that.

Thanks in advance,

Komando

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back