Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clustered Ring Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinter

Programmer
Jun 20, 2014
GB
3300 MCD 6:

I've searched the forums on this, but no one seems to have run into this before:
I create a clustered ring group with members on two nodes. SDS creates the group on the remote node, I can see all members on both nodes.
When a call comes in, the pickup buttons on all phones blink, but only those on the local node can pick up the call, the remote users get the message "not allowed" when they hit the button. Have I overlooked some COS or something?

Cheers

When you say Clustered Ring Group, exactly what do you mean, ring groups do not normally require key presses as they normally ring the prime of the phone.

What SW version are you running.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

sorry, I meant clustered [highlight #E9B96E]pickup[/highlight] group... As far as I know, there is no such thing as a clustered ring group. The button is simply a "pickup" button...

At release 7.0, ring groups now allow remote members so Clustered Ring Groups do in fact exist.

For features to work properly across a cluster each system requires a unique Feature DN programmed in the Cluster Form.

Is this in Place?

I've got 6.0 and stuck with that for now...

Is the unique Feature DN also required for the cluster enabled pickup groups of release 6.0? If that would work, that's all the functionality I need for now. As described before, I get a "not allowed" displayed on the remote sets when they try to pick up the call.
As a remote admin, I don't have access to a couple forms which effect the entire cluster, so I'll have to get to my über-admin if that is the case...:)

Any feature codes that need to be invoked on a remote system require feature DN's to be programmed in the cluster form.

The feature code field is not forced or verified so things can easily go wrong if it is not setup properly.

Feature DN's are programmed. Xnet trunks, which also require unique feature dn's, work great...

Feature DN's are not required for Xnet trunks to function so this is not a valid argument.

I tied multi node ring groups together via EHDU's as members of a RG that calls the other nodes RG's. Would that work for you cinter?

OK. It is somewhat unusual that the cluster enabled option is included in 6.0, but only works in 7.0!

Will it break the cluster to upgrade 2 nodes to 7.0 and leave 2 on 6.0? I hear that 8.0 is on it's way in spring, I was pondering whether it was worth upgrading when the next version is on the doorstep...

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back