Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ClusterCATS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUJUm0deL

Programmer
Jan 16, 2001
US
Hey, we Uninstalled ClusterCATS for some reason but seems that the uninstall didnt work properly.

I keep getting this error on server boot.
"The HTTP Filter DLL E:\Program Files\Macromedia\ClusterCATS\Program\teserver.dll failed to load. The data is the error. For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at:"

Does anyone know how to resolve the issue?

Machine OS - Win2k SP3.
ClusterCats Version : ClusterCats for CFMX

[sub]

Ahhh...

Check the registry settings for IIS. 99% of the time, the path/file is still in the registery, but the dll is deleted.

see if you can find teserver.dll in the registry in a IIS section and delete it. (carefully of course.)

Well, sometimes the site can go days without any failures, and there are days where the site goes down 5 times in a 3 hour time frame.

I call my hosting company and have them restart IIS or CF (and on some rare occasion the entire box)

But it seems that while CF is a great server-side language, it (CF) has many server-side issues, i've been to a few forums and have encountred other who have similar issues as mine.

I'll try your suggestion tomorrow at work. But i'm really unfortable playing with the registry files on the server, lol.

[sub]

yeah, just export any keys you edit before you edit them.

hopefully it helps. This particular error happens quite a bit with other IIS services beside CF.

Well, my hosting company refuses to play around with the registery, they prefer we do it (that sucks)!

[sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back