Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cluster -

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry712

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
GB
marv-
didnt get a chance to have a real ggo look at it but it definately does not have any shared storage just local.
the resources dont hold any shared data though just ip services

how can this be - i thought it was impossible to install a 6.5 2 node cluster without shared storage. i should have had a peak where the sbd was - i assume it is ok as both nodes should in console 1 ok and i can roll resources

no biggie just confusing

Terry I'm not sure your question, but yes it is possible to have a cluster without shared storage. Some services, like DHCP or DNS, are NDS based and don't require the storage. So it's perfectly fine (and acceptible) to use clustering for that without an extra shared storage. You would only need a shared storage if you are clustering something that has volume specific data that needs to move with the resource.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

i thought when you created the sbd that it asked for shared storage?

been i will since i installed it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back