Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cluster Storage Node on MSCSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

typhoonuke

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2002
FR
Hello,

I have a serious problem to implement the backup solution on a cluster MSCS...

The cluster is composed of :
- Two physical nodes called A and B
- Two virtual ressources called C and D, C belongs to A and D belongs to B
This is a active-active cluster so the virtual ressources can be either on each nodes or on one node (bad production)

In networker, i set four client as below :
- client A with A as "storage node"
- client B with B as "storage node"
- client "virtual" C with A as storage node primary and B as storage node secondary
- client "virtual" D with B as storage node primary and A as storage node secondary
This configuration has worked fine for one week until a virtual ressource moves...

Now the configuration of my customer is :
- C and D belongs to B
There is no problem with the backup of D which allocate the right drive (on B) but the backup of C allocate a drive on C and this is my great problem :(

I've tried to set :
- client "virtual" C with C as storage node but it doesn't work
- client "virtual" C with C as storage node but it doesn't work

The customer has a full Windows environment and i'm poor in scripting in this environment :(
Can anyone help me ? To change the configuration of NetWorker or some clues to write a script ;)

Thx a lot

Networker is working as designed. If A is up, then client C will use it for backups, due to A being first in the storage node field. Try shutting down A and you will see that backups go to B.

Thx to confirm my own configuration...

But my customer has a active-active cluster.

Example :
Before my backup, C belongs to A and D belongs to B. The backup works fine until a probleme on the cluster and C belongs now to D. The backup retries (normal i set it with 1 retry after 15 minutes) and allocates again A (because of active-active cluster, the virtual ressource ain't set on ONE node but can be belonged by the two nodes) although the C ressource belongs to D. I know that with the parameters set as in my first post, it's the right action. But i wonder if there is a possibility to check the owner of the virtual ressource before launch the backup and select the right storage node ?

At this momemnt, i'm working on the creation of two NSR clients files (i'm on NSR 6.2) and wonder if I can match the right file (SN A or SN B) after asking the cluster administrator to know who has the virtual ressource

Thx to all who can help me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back