Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cluster issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty139

Technical User
Sep 26, 2006
GB
Hi folks newbie here, been volunteered to look after the SAN, think i put up my hand when someone asked who can walk, talk and chew bubblegum at the same time.

Anyway here is the problem, i have all my shares set correctly and permissions set correctly on my SAN drives and cluster resourses. The crunch comes when I fail them over to the other server. All my NTFS file permissions remain unchanged but the actual shares lose the specific users share level access permissions and revert to everyone having full access. I'm using windows 2003 advanced server cluster manager.

This is my only stumbling block so far as I have even managed quorum drives and backup exec clustering, can someone please assist.

Thanks in advance

Actually, this is not a SAN issue, it is a windows cluster issue... I recommend you to post this question in the windows Server forum.

Cheers,

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

Are the shares set up as a cluster resource?

Yeah, subdirectory's share ticked, but home spaces below get everyone full access, ntfs permissions set so that only user, admin and local admin have rights but other users are able to brows each others homespaces and open documents. ?

Thanks folks, sussed it last night, was looking through the NTFS permissions and our "developer" had been playing and had set up some weird explicit rights and special permissions, i of course cleared the whole lot off and started again from base pricnciples payin particular attention to the everyone rights and inheritence as well as the everyone share rights. Now got it working like a dream.

Am going shopping for a tazer a long length of velcro and a gag for our developer, you might see me on crimewatch, hur hur..........

Thanks for the help folks, greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back