Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cluster IP issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjquinn81

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2003
US
Hey all.... I have my Exchange 2003 server running in an active/passive cluster environment. Active node = MAILA Passive node = MAILB Virtual node = EMAIL... Anyway, the problem I'm having is that I have the internal IP address of my virtual node translating to a static public address through my PIX firewall that is listening for SMTP traffic. It seems that when I send mail from my server, it goes out via the IP address of the Active node, not the virtual node. Obviously this is causing problems when recipients attempt to do a reverse DNS lookup on my server. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

thanks!

All is well with the properties of my SMTP and POP3 protocols, both are set to use the virtual node address. Unfortunately I may have to call M$ on this one as I am stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back