Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cluster EXP300 and 2xX330

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlfaMick

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2005
DE
Dear Forum,

I would like to set up a cluster with one EXP 300 (10x73GB) and two IBM X330 servers with one ServeRaid 4M and one ServeRaid 4Mx Controller for a later installation of NetWare 6.5. (All of this is new for me!)

I followed the guide for setting up and enabling for clustering - so far so good. I managed to create local Arrays on each server on each cannel A.

I was able to see the 10 drives of the EXP as ready on both servers. After that I set up two arrays (each five disks, each one logical drive) using server A for this.

The drives were now shown as "reserved" on Server B. Now I want to validate the cluster using the option ACTION -> "VALIDATE CLUSTER" from the ServeRaid Manager, but it is not highlighted; I cannot choose the option!

Any suggestions why?

Thanks in advance,

Michael Manthey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back