Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clueless on what this means

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreikun

Technical User
Apr 23, 2002
US
hello. everytime i start apache, i get this warning message. what does this mean? and how do i recompile it with DEAPI?

[Wed Oct 23 16:55:15 2002] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/libphp4.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI) /usr/local/apache1/bin/apachectl start: httpd started

thanks in advance,
rei

I saw that error when I upgraded Apache and did not recompile PHP.

this is entered as a bug in bugzilla (
"you may safely ignore it. It is a warning for those modules which may use SSL functionality, but aren't compiled against a SSL-enabled web server. The web server is SSL-enabled, and the modules don't use any SSL functionality, so there is no problem and the warning (it is not an error) can be safely ignored."

possible reason/solution from some other sources - you are running a newer version of apache that has newer version of API than the compiled module, try to recompile the module with this version of apache

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back