Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clueless about Runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

LearnersPermit

Technical User
May 30, 2001
CA
I have created a database that I want to share with 4 other people. I realize that the best way to do this since I don't have a Filemaker Server is to run it from my hard drive and share it with the other 4 people.

I have done that and one of the users has a full copy of Filemaker on his computer and it works ok. He would rather not have a full copy since its slow.

I have tried to use Runtime, I have successfully created the runtime folder and .exe file. When I install it on another computer the users are unable to input or delete their tasks even though I have given them full access.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

FileMaker runtimes versions cannot be shared. The folks at FileMaker have intentionally built the program so that it works this way.

I'm afraid that if you want to share the data you will have to either use the fat client or develop a web version and share it that way.

-Striker

Ohhhh, how disappointing. I guess that I will have to install the client on all of the computers. Its not a big problem, I just thought that runtime would work.

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back