Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Club3d drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeebo

Technical User
Oct 6, 2006
IE
Guys i have the club 3d radeon x850 pro card, i got direct x nine.c installed, and i have the latest ati drivers installed and my system keeps rebooting itself over and over again, someone please gimme a hand before i go jump off a bridge

Well the graphics card in unlikely to be the culprit anyway!
Most likely cause:

1) Bad stick of memory
2) Insufficient power ie: you need a better PSU
3) Bad driver install or conflict of drivers (use a graphic's driver cleaner to fully un-install any old video drivers especially if they were Nvidia or other chipset.
4) Install the latest platform drivers for your motherboard.
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

ok well my memory is freakin good, i have 580 watts so its not power, and the platform drivers...hmm...could be that.

Memory? is freekin good? even the best memory ie: OCZ, Geil, Corsair XMS, Kingston HyperX CAN GO BAD.
All I am saying is don't assume anything.
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Martin posted my opinion of last night. I was also going to attack the 580w power supply and remind the OP to check cpu temps.

IMO the first step here is to run a bootable floppy or cd with memtest...any error will validate the start and reboot you described.

If you decide to jump off a bridge, insure it's a very tall bridge. You want a nice clean splat sound when you hit the water...keeps ya from being spoonfed for the next thirty years.

Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back