Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cloud File Server 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RikyTran

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2015
US
Hi IT folks,

The company that I am currently at is using Citrix ShareFile. They want to get away from local file servers because of three offices that are connected by VPN from around the globe. The VPN connection over the WAN has such high latency that even with high bandwidth, it is still lagging. The problem with Citrix ShareFile is multiple editing of the same file is causing versions conflict. Citrix ShareFile is basically local copies replicating back to the Citrix cloud. If they have two users editing the same file; there will be versions conflict.

My question is...

What is the bast way to tackle this problem? I cam open to local file servers if I can overcome the high latency issue of physical long distant. I am also open to cloud base solutions.

I guess this forum is deader than dead.

You are essentially using a distributed file system when you need to be looking at a document management system.

Brent Schmidt Keep IT Simple[/color red]
Se±or Network Engineer

I know this problem. Have it myself. Ran a search for document management system, it doesn't seem very different than the file sharing services.. Either way it seems there are files sync issues for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back