Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cloud based voice mail systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherWat

Technical User
Feb 12, 2016
CA
Does anyone know of any cloud based voice mail systems for up to 500 users that would also have auto attendant capability?
Would have to be compatible with a CS1000E at 7.5.
Thanks!

Why are you not using a call pilot?

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

A cloud base voicemail system compatible with a CS1000E would be any voicemail system tied back to the CS1000E via SIP trunking. What you're asking for is a nightmare scenario.

It was just a thought - so much is going to the cloud, I was just wondering if there was anything out there.

We do have a Call Pilot system but it isn't housed with us but a partner of us - we are just a user but we want to separate from them.

If I had my way I would go with a CP system, but since it is almost end of life, I guess my next step would be Avaya Aura Messaging.

Thanks.

Have you considered the UCx Call Server from E-MetroTel? I have one in my lab that is a converted CS1000. The product is rather affordable and allows you to get full indefinite support on your Meridian 1/CS1000 equipment.

I also love the UCx Voicemail. The company partnered with Joan Kenley the voice of Call Pilot/Meridian Mail, to record all of the voice prompts for UCx Voicemail.

All Nortel digital and IP Phones are supported as well. In fact I have a Norstar T7208 working right next to a M2616 digital set. Licenses are interchangeable between extensions, so that means, if you decide you want to upgrade the M2616 to a SIP phone, you can just change the information on the WEB based GUI from a M2616 to a SIP phone, all without buying a new license.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back