Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cloud and XE2 - how to use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefarious1

Programmer
Feb 24, 2014
GB
Hi -

Very keen to try get the cloud explorer example that ships with Delphi (XE2) working. So far however, no luck. I have created an Amazon cloud account and set the log in parameters - I think correctly - but just get an error message saying "The shared key cannot be created. Please check that you have the required OpenSSL Libraries installed.

Is this a "best guess" error message and there is something wrong with the way I am logging in - or am I indeed missing some files ? Cannot see anything in the projects comments about requirements etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

P.S In the properties, I take it that "Account name" is the username (email address) used when first registering the Account and that "Account Key" refers to your password ?

If you haven't done so, you can download the latest version of the SSL DLL files from here:
Looks like the latest version was released Jan 15, 2014. In the download, there will be two DLLs, ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll. If you put these files in the same directory as your application, it should be able to find them. Also, you'll need to download either the 32 bit or 64 bit version (or both) depending on your needs.

OK thanks for that info. It does not seem as easy as I first thought to access the cloud API. Still getting the error message but this time it complains about invalid key or something like.

I also checked with Amazon cloud pricing and I notice that you can also be charged to simply listing the contents of your storage. So perhaps not worth the effort at the moment.

Maybe wait till more documentation on this.

Thanks for you help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back