Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Closing Procomm reboots Windows 10 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherWat

Technical User
Feb 12, 2016
CA
I just received a Windows 10 PC Enterprise.
I installed Procomm Plus to manage my PBX (CS1000E)
When I close Procomm, it reboots my PC.
I uninstalled Procomm from Program Files and reinstalled it to the root of C. Same thing - it rebooted my PC when I closed Procomm.

Is anyone able to run Procomm on a Win10 PC without issue?
Thanks.

I've just installed Procomm Plus 4.8 on my companies Windows 10 64 bit laptop. I made sure that the installation path was different by creating a new folder such as "C:\\Program File (x86)\Symantec\Procomm" etc (The "s" in Program Files was removed).

The installation was fine and I could reuse my old directory files and scripts without any problems.

All was OK until I dialed up a customer using a newly installed USB modem. I do do all the things as before, except that on clear down, the +++ to disconnect the modem didn't work and also that when I pressed the disconnect icon, I got the dreaded blue screen with a "WDF VIOLATION" message.

I'm under the impression that this is some kind of compatibility issue with either the USB US Robotics modem or the actual Procomm Plus application?. A search on the web indicates that this is more likely an issue with Procomm bearing in mind that this tool is very old and wasn't even supported for Windows XP.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back