Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Closing Full Screen PDF Presentation? Any Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch8rt

Technical User
Jul 28, 2005
GB
Is there a way to close a Full Screen Presentation without having to press escape, then closing?

Ideally when you click the mouse on the last page I would like it to close, I'm send a small presentation of My credentials to clients and have had a few notes coming back complaining of this feature. Some people evening ringing because they are stuck with this last frame on there machine?

thank you kindly.

Disable the "open in full screen mode." Let people open the file per their default settings. Nobody likes the feeling that their computer has been taken over, and most people do not want to lose their default buttons and toolbars when viewing your information.

It is akin to web pages that popup and fullscreen your browser. Rather than saying "oh cool," people typically resent such actions.

You can take the user out of full screen mode, but can not close the file for them. (Adobe won't let you take control away from the end user in many cases.)

To take the user out of full screen mode, add an additional blank page to the end of the document. Set a page property On open, execute a menu command, then choose Window Full Screen.

As long as they are already in Full screen this will take them out of full screen.

Hope this helps.
Samaba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back