Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

closing dialup connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

sggaunt

Programmer
Jul 4, 2001
GB
Hi
I am upgrading my apps to allow users to register with automaticallly generated emails,
I am using the SMTP winshoe components to do this (based on the example) and the emails go fine, but when the component disconnects it only disconectes the component it dosent disconnect the Line (hang up the phone)
does anyone know how to do this ?

Also I cant remember the new name for Winshoes, is it still free does it work with D4?

Steve

The new name for WinShoes is Indy and is free in Delphi6 as mentioned in a post earlier. I currently use Indy components in Delphi 5 and seem to remember before that using them in Delphi3 so 4 shouldn't be a problem. Arte Et Labore

Of course Indy. Thanks for that Eric
I seem to remember the Indy release was out when I was still using D3 and that Non of the packages was designed for D3.
Thats why I asked about D4.
Still need to sort out the connection thing.

Steve

To clear a serial connection send +++
(3 times plus) to the port. After a second the connection is closed and you are in the AT mode.

Yes, I can see that would be a command to disconnect the Modem, but how would I programm this? Using the SMTP component or directly?
Steve..

I remember back when I was using D4 I used a component call abdialup or something. All it was was a free RAS dialer.

It handles the ras dialup
Dialup1.dial;
and hangup
Dialup1.hangup;

I got it form torry.net

I would dial up, perform my function, email ftp etc and then call Dailup1.hangup

It worked quite well

Hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back