Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Close Print Preview window issue in Access 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumdum2

Programmer
Mar 18, 2000
GB
I have an Access 2003 database that I use with Access 2007. I just started to use the database with Access 2010 and noticed that the 'Close Print Preview' button is grayed out for any of the reports where I put a 'Docmd.maximize' in the On Open event. When I take that command out, the 'Close Print Preview' button works fine. These reports all work fine in Access 2007 with the Docmd.maximize statement in place. When the 'Close Print Preview' button is grayed out, if I right-click on the report, the 'Close Print Preview' button becomes active. Does anyone know why Access 2010 grays out the 'Close Print Preview' button if the report is set to be maximized?

Thank you!

Thanks for your reply.....I was thinking that the focus may not be on the previewed report (for some reason unknown to me) because if I right-click on the report, the 'Close Print Preview' button becomes active. Is there a way to figure out where the focus is when a report is previewed? It's something in Access 2010 causing this since it works fine using Access 2007. A mystery.... :)

Sorry, is there an easy way to tell that? The form that is open is set pop-up to no and modal to no...??

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand...pop up is already set to 'no'....

Here's the code that opens the form that the report is then opened from....

If Frame0 = 4 Then 'scheduling menu
stDocName = "SCHEDULING MENU"
DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName
Frame0 = 0
End If

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back