Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Close open windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNF0528

MIS
Apr 4, 2006
US
I want a script to run and close all open windows on the screen.

What do you want to accomplish besides closing all open windows? Can you put it in context?

Have a bunch of windows open on the screen and when i run a VBS i want them to CLose all the windows open on the desktop.

is this the second thread on this subject?
Win32_Process class has terminate method. you will need to work out which process actually has a window open, perhaps one of the properties of the Win32_Process will reveal this info or you might have to look at associatorsof, the AppActivate method "You can use the task ID returned by the Shell function in place of title to activate an application." not sure if this relates to one of the Win32_Process properties....might be able to combine these?

yeap, 2nd thread on this subject, not sure why i bothered posting again seeing as you didnt have the courtesy to respond to my other posts

I want" always gets nothing in my household ;)

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

The last reply on the other message was not a serious reply and i didn`t know you really were interseted in helping or just posting. My appologies for the not responding. Thanks for the help.

No problem RNF0528. i would say however that until you anwser JadeKnights question I think you might find my posts hold some (well maybe just a little) water :)

Ok...

This is the setting...

I have a multi user computer that stays logged as one user a computer. It uses a seprate login program that allows users to authenticate to Domain and access the computer.
Kinda like a Screen saver but does alot more. Well this program allows a login script and log off script as a user logs into the program. What i need is a vbs script to run that closes any open windows on the screen when the user logs off. We tried killing the proccess Explorer.exe but that screws up the Desktop. Sorry to bore you all with all the details. THanks agian,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back