Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Close call center early, Play holiday greeting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imstillhere

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2008
US
I have Call pilot 4.0 I have about 50 applications with 2 different call centers. 1 call center wants to close early (3pm) on Christmas eve.Ther was no turn over from the previous Admin on what was done in the past. How can I set up something,that only affects the 20 applications for that call center. If I change the Holiday table to start on 3pm DEC 24 it is going to affect everything. I also have Symposium 5.0 but this paticular Call center is fronted by call pilot, before Symposium treats the call, Is there anything I can do except be here and manually connect the begin box of each affected application over to the Holiday box then change them back before 8am Dec 26th ? There must be an easier way.
Will a Symposium Time of Day script work even though its fronted by call pilot.This would only involve changing 2 scripts.
Thank you for your suggestions !!

you should be able to set up a temp day and time in CP which you may have to repeat for each app you have set up. you will have to hook it in the week of Christmas and remove it afterwards but it will give you some flexibility.

Ok thank you,
I would have thought there was an easier way. Hopefully Nortel will address this scenario in future releases, I cant imagine I'm the only person who needs the flexibility to route an application or several applications to treatment xxxx for time period zzzz.
Thank you again for your time.

You can program it in Symposium and specify dates and times that this will happen, early closings, holidays etc. which will recur year after year, so you have to keep up with it to make sure its correct .... but you did ask for an easy way to do it ...!

You are correct,and I set did up a wildcard agent in symposium, logged in the agent but calls still route thru the initial call pilot greeting before Symposium takes over..and wont take you to a closed/holiday message intil you make your selection from the Call pilot menu...which is what Im trying to avoid.. I would have to change the IDC tables to route around Call pilot...I guess I'll just have to do it manually. But hey I had to ask :)
Thank you Trvlr1, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question. Have a great weekend !!!

Solution, In call pilot add 2 boxes between Begin and open days, Box one Date control... Box 2 Time control If outside paramaters continue with normal call flow, If inside go to Holiday or Special circumstances Announcement. . These can be left in place and changed as needed.
Unfortunatley There is no way to include all applicationsat once, one application must be updated then copied to the rest that will be affected.

Thanks Trvlr1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back