Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cloning issues 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielcan

Technical User
Jul 6, 2007
CA
Good day gentlemen and ladies

here is my dilema. I have an unbound control that is the total of two other controls "frstartime" =[beg]&" "&[timebeg]. as beg = date and timebeg = time.

I am trying to replicate the result of frstartime into a control that is bound to a table.
I tried writting the code afterupdate frstartime=tblocalstartdatetime, no result
i tried writting tblocalstartdatetime = frstartime.clone, no results also.
I tried default value in property frstartime. but the result is always the same I only get the date part showing never the time. how can I get the unbound field to copy its results into the bound field. Merci beaucoup.

For both Date and Time you would use =Now()

On the AfterUpdate, try
Me![tblocalstartdatetime].value = frstarttime

Thank you for your help.

The time now() is not appropriate for what I am trying to acheive.

I work for a police dispatch. What I am trying to put together is a roster form entry. Choose the member, choose the date on a pop up calendar, than choose the time from a drop down list. Than have that expression which should be in a general date format pop in the table. I have basically everything written down, but the one thing that still is not functionning is to get that table bound field localstartdatetime to equal the unbound field with the time and date that have been combine in it.

You may try this in the BeforeUpdate event procedure of the form:
Me![tblocalstartdatetime] = CVDate(frstarttime)

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Basically was I decided to do, is to go with a macro that goto the control and runcommand "copy" and "paste" the data into tblocalstartdate/time. It actually work mighty good. Next what I will do is converting the macro into code, to help in getting a quicker results.

What I am trying to do is basically having a roster entry form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back