Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clone, Blur tools don't seem to work 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmith910

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
GB
Hi

I'm new to this programme but pretty excited! I have used Clone and Blur and a few others before. Unfortunately a friend borrowed my computer and I think he must have changed the settings?

Now when I use the clone tool it just does nothing, likewise with the blur and other tools - its as if the programme just isn't picking the tools up - any ideas?

Thanks

Doreen

hi..if the settings have changed the best thing to do is when you click on the icon to start the program, hold down F8. this will ask if you want to reset all settings back to defaults. Choose yes and this wil set program back to corel defaults....hope this helps......Bernard

Can you give a little more detail by what you mean when you say "when you use the tool, it just does nothing"?

Do you mean that the tool appears to be working, but is not cloning properly, or are you saying that the tool does not initialize and does not give you the circles like it should wiht Clone?

It sounds as if you may not be bluring or cloning the "selected" item. It sounds like there might be something going on with channels, or layers, that you may not be familiar with. Try to provide some more details please.

Hi Guys

Many thanks for the replies - will try resetting as suggested by Bernard.

Basically the tools look ok, i.e. the clone tool has two circles, allows you to right click and leave one behind as the source but when you go to where you want the 'new area' painting in or cloning in it just does nothing. Same thing with blur etc. i.e. they look like they will work but don't!

Thanks

Doreen

Be sure that you are cloning or bluring on the same layer that you are trying to duplicate. For starters, hide everything that you are not duplicating (click the eyeball eyecon in the Object Docker). Make sure that the item you are duplicating has a red box around the appropriate object on the object docker (Windows -> Dockers -> Object or ALT+F7).

We use PhotoPaint 7 and have found that sometimes we have to SAVE a jpg and then re-open it before it will allow a few of the tools to be used. I don't know what it is.
Perhaps Win XP is a little too advanced for poor old Corel 7.

Freddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back