Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clone a LPAR (alt_disk_copy) with HACMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreFeo

Technical User
Nov 29, 2002
ES
Hi,

A client has got a 2 node cluster (AIX 5.3, HACMP 5.4) and they want to clone one of the nodes, to build a test LPAR.

They want to clone rootvg from one of the nodes with alt_disk_copy, and then create a new LPAR with this rootvg. This new LPAR will NOT be part of any cluster.

Does the alt_disk_copy remove the HACMP references?
I usually run alt_disk_copy with -O flag, to remove user defined configurations, but I've never done it with HACMP, and I'm not sure it will erase all this information.

Thanks.

Finally I've cloned the lpar, and it doesn't remove the HACMP definitions.

So before configuring the new IP parameters for this LPAR I went to smit hacmp menu and deleted the cluster. This erased all the definitions.

YOu will also have to remove the cluster.es software in order to remove the ODM entries for HACMP.

Yes, you're right. At first I didn't remove this filesets, and the Oracle rootpre script failed, saying the cluster services should be started.
Removing the filesets did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back