Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clone 20gb Hardrive to new 60gb Hardrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bickyz

Technical User
Feb 7, 2003
GB
I have a 20gb hardrive with 3 partitions 6gb primary, 7 each for logical extended.

This 20 gb is almost full, i dont want to delete any programs or files, is there any otherway that i can transfer everything to my new 60gb hardrive. Can i use norton ghost to clone it. will it work later?

Im planning this, creating 3 partitions in new 60gb hd as 30gb each. And using norton ghost to clone each partitions to this new partitions like primary partitions of 20gb to 1st partitions of 60gb and so on for other two. But how will i make this 1st partition active? Will this solution of mine works or is there any other easier way?

Clone the old drive to the new drive using Ghost and then expand the partitions using the partition manager.

Regards: tf1

Ghost should do what you need, but a free utility should have come with the drive if it was bought retail.

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind";
[tab][tab]- Aristotle
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back