Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clock In - Clock Out Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

caper1175

MIS
Sep 23, 2003
US
I am trying to develope a Clock In/Clock Out application and need some direction. Here is what I am trying to do: I need a page which will allow the user to select from a dropbox the PIECE they will be working. Once they select a PIECE they click LOGIN button which then stores there REMOTE_USER name and time stamp and PIECE name in a table. Then when the are finished with that piece they click LOGOUT which would use a calculation to figure out based on their login time, the duration they spent in that piece and append it to the record. Once they logout of 1 PIECE they would be directed back to the Login page which would give them the opportunity to login to another PIECE and the cycle starts over.

If anyone could provide me with links to similar applications it would be very much appreciated.

I don't have a link to give you but I can give a two tips:

1) Sometimes you may get a Request with no value for LOGON_USER. You can ask the browser to resend the request by setting the Status header to error 401.

So you want something like this on the top of your pages:
Code:
IF (Len(Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")) = 0) THEN
  Response.Status = "401 Access Denied"
  Response.End
END IF

2) The DateDiff() function is useful for calculating elaspse time in VBScript but you might also want to use your database's native functions... depending on your database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back