Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cloaked Redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonMarkDawson

Programmer
Oct 17, 2001
GB
Hi

Is there a way to alter the text of the browser's address line from within a PERL / javascript routine? A Document Object property perhaps? (I can't find any reference to one)

I use cloaked redirection at the server but this is always fixed - I'd like to be able to modify the text dynamically myself according to where the page's have been called from.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Simon

Hi

A bit more detail:

I have a cloaked redirection set up to a PERL script so that when I go to my domain name it fires the script as normal. Somebody else wanted a link to this script on their website. Again, this worked fine until I tried passing parameters in the link. Somewhere in the cloaked redirection process the extra parameters are stripped away so my only recourse was to call the script directly with the full path ... leading to the messy address line. Hence me wondering whether it was possible to overwrite this. Frames wouldn't work because I'd still either lose the parameters in the initial call or be left with the messy address line.

All suggestions appreciated though so thanks for the time.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back