Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CliStage.ipf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad21

Technical User
May 20, 2002
US
I am interested in Pre-staging my SMS client installation. In the Admin911 book it tells you to use clistage.ipf to prestage the installation on your clients. How do you get a .ipf to execute! It is located on the Backoffice resource kit 4.5 disk 1. It is a 6k file, and i have no way to get it to run. How do you get a IPF fill to run?

Ty for your time,

Todd Thomas
Ghost/Sms Administrator

*.ipf are installation files that have to be created into exe's by running the installer program.

Install the SMS Installer from the SMS_Inst folder and open the IPF. Compile it and you'll have the EXE.
you'll notice that SMS Installer is extremely useful. You can create custom installers for your apps or repackage shelf apps.

Regards,

Rodrigo

Ok, i started out installing smsinstaller to a seperate partition, and everytime i compiled clistage.ipf it gave me a "winnt is uncompileable" message. So i reinstalled smsinstaller to the default location c:\programfiles\smsinstaller and now it works perfectly. Ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back